Sunday, March 12, 2006

The 8 Ball Says ...

Had so much fun reading my dear friend Sarah’s answers, over at Dusk in Dendera, that I thought I’d give it a try. If you try it, let me know your results!

Musical Magic 8 Ball

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle.Say the following questions aloud, and press play.Use the song title as the answer to the question.NO CHEATING.
1. How does the world see me?
"All Love Can Be” by Charlotte Church, from A Beautiful Mind soundtrack. Can I be any more sheepish that I, in fact, do have Charlotte Church on my iPod? My pathetic romanticism is unveiled.

2. Will I have a happy life?
"The Big Sky” by Kate Bush. LOVE this song, and sort of love/hate/identify with what this ”answer” suggests, “I’m looking at the big sky, you never understood me, you never even tried.” Or “walking onto those big, big clouds, walking onto a big, big sky.”

3. What do my friends really think of me?
"Jennifer Juniper” by Donovan. Jennifer Juniper rides a dappled mare with violets in her hair. I’m sort of shrinking into a corner, realizing that I’m having to admit that I have utter pop crap in my iPod shuffle!!! And this personification of the “object” of romantic fantasy from the old, old Donovan song hardly seems to apply to me.

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
"The Wind” by Cat Stevens. Can’t make any sense of this one.

5. How can I make myself happy?
"Under the Milky Way” by The Church. Is that where I must go to finally make myself happy? Figures.
“I got no time for private consultations under the Milky Way tonight. Wish I knew what you were looking for, I might have known what you would find. And it’s something quite peculiar, something shimmering and white, it leads you here despite your destination, under the Milky Way tonight.”

6. What should I do with my life?
"Resignation” by Reef, Great Expectations soundtrack. Unbelievable! What more can I say, this sounds just about right!

7. Will I ever have children?
"Desire Lines” by Lush.
"It's raining in this room, And it's so hot outside this room, I don't know no one here, I don't want to be here In this room."
Yup, just something you stay inside yourself about. We know the answer to that question, don’t we?

8. What is some good advice for me?
"Why Can’t I Be You” by The Cure. Yeah, now see this questionnaire isn’t going so well for me, is it?

9. How will I be remembered?
"The Power of Goodbye” Madonna. Whhhoooah hoah.
“Your heart is not open, so I must go. The spell has been broken, I loved you so. You were my lesson I had to learn, I was your purpose you had to burn. There’s nothing left to lose, there’s no heart left to bruise. … I wanna go higher, there’s nothing left to try, there’s nowhere left to hide, there’s no greater power than the power of good-bye.”

10. What is my signature dancing song?
"Bathwater” by No Doubt. Fun song, I'll dance to it more.

11. What do I think my current theme song is?
"In the End" by Linkin Park. An answer that really … sort of breaks my heart.

I kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apartWhat it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I triedso hard /And got so far / But in the end /It doesn't even matter / I had to fallTo lose it all /But in the end / It doesn't even matter / One thing / I don’t know whyIt doesn’t even matter how hard you try / Keep that in mind / I designed this rhymeTo remind myself how / I tried so hard

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

"Lightening Crashes" by Live. Damn, I’m getting depressed. And yet, isn’t there hope when the new baby takes the place of the old woman who has died?
“oh now feel it comin' back again / like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind / forces pullin' from the center of the earth again /I can feel it.

13. What song will play at my funeral?
"Home” by Dishwalla. I love, love, love this song, go ahead y’all, play it at my funeral, and then celebrate for me!

14. What type of men/women do you like?
"Good Riddance” by Green Day. Well, that explains a lot!

15. What is my day going to be like?
"Come Undone” by Duran Duran. Yeah, this has been loads of fun! This is why I avoid psychics! I think this was what YESTERDAY was like!

* All right, remind me to not mess with the supernatural the next time I have an inclination to do so. In the meantime, thanks for visiting!

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Sarah,

I'm doing the same. We must recognize when our limits have been exceeded. Perhaps we can workshop our papers together next term. Will you be taking Jay's Prose Poetry class?

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Check out mine at my blog, Pamela!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home