Sunday, August 13, 2006

Finally, some photos

(Temple ruin in the Roman Forum, and view of the forum)


We have nearly 300 shots of Europe from Rome through Regensburg! And, as always, we look at the slideshow of our shots so far and wonder how we failed to capture the color in this shot, or the heat in that one, or the utter beauty of another. One must settle for the artistry of one's own mind when recalling experience I guess.

I'll just splatter a few from Rome here and there with brief explanations and hope you enjoy them for starters.

(Interior of the Collesium)



(View of St. Mark's Square from the Vatican cupola, and interior of vatican dome taken by Aaron--I made it up to the dome interior and then plastered myself to the wall until he came down again! Fear of heights was reaffirmed)

(Leaving the wonderful Suite Oriani, Alessandro, the owner, is on the right.)

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! It is nice to see a post again. Thanks for sharing the photos, which are quite lovely actually. Miss you both much. Summer in Oregon has been very odd, for me at least.

Thanks for the postcard! I am totally delighted at your newfound passion for art history and can only hope to live vicariously through you (my dream was to become an art historian) if you return to the US and pursue a Masters in Art History (Portland State has a good program).
Anyhow, I am missing our engaged conversations and beginning to wonder if my brain is malfunctioning - I just can't seem to reboot.
----Mere

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

I'm not worried one bit about your brain, Ms. Mere, you're always on top of things! I think an MA in Art History is as lucrative as one in Creative Writing, which is not to say I haven't considered it! :)

Stay tuned, we've got some great shots of castles and the Egyptian Museum in Berlin.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela, this is a wonderful read. Great detail...lovely pics. Your descriptions of feeling the after affects of trauma are particularly astute. I’m sure it must be more than imagined especially as indifference and minimization are often our response, hence the disconnect between interpretation and experience.
I'm leaving my post here because I'm with Meredith, I can't seem to reboot! What a great way to put it. I think the perfect thing to do after graduation must be to travel...it seems to be keeping your mind from unraveling as mind seems to be!
Looking forward to getting together with everyone when you get back...
Margie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home