Monday, September 26, 2005

Mystify Me

Today:

* Start of a new term, I'm twitchy in anticipation and foreseen pressure

* Vestiges of a beautiful weekend ... remnants of leisure in the serene air of an unseasonably temperate day

* Support from unexpected sources--kindred spirits justify expression

* Fighting with only words in an attempt to reconnect people to their humanity

* Encountering the stonewall of privilege, elitism and rigidity

* Seeing the word "gay" once again used as an expletive, wielded as an insult against an invisible concept of "normal," feeling ill at the nasty judgmental side of society.

* Disenchantment by noon--we are islands of compassion

* Intersections of hope, nostalgia, despair, visceral reaction to music, poetry, individuality all meeting at the pinpoint of my mood

* * * *

In the midst of the confusion I've experienced over the unbridled anger, apathy, and vitriole from the right-wing response to Hurricane Katrina (see
www.waiterrant.net, Been Away post), I feel vacuumed dry emotionally. I'm posting there as Lilly if you check it out.

I only feel like getting lost in music and sunlight today, so I'll leave you with:

Mystify - INXS

All veils and misty
Streets of blue
Almond looks
That chill divine
Some silken moment
Goes on forever
And we’re leaving broken hearts behind

Mystify
Mystify me
Mystify
Mystify me

I need perfection
Some twisted selection
That tangles me
To keep me alive
In all that exists
None have your beauty
I see your face
I will survive

Eternally wild with the power
To make every moment come alive
All those stars that shine upon you
Will kiss you every night

All veils and misty
Streets of blue
Almond looks
That chill divine
Some silken moment
Goes on forever
And we’re leaving
Yeah we’re leaving broken hearts behind

You’re eternally wild with the power
To make every moment come alive
All those stars that shine upon you
And they’ll kiss you every night

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger gone2starbucks said...

I've been skimming through your blog for the last half-hour and smiling a lot. You're a fine writer and I enjoy your awareness of your environment. I appreciate the diversity of your work, as well - thank you for taking the time to publish a life-literate blog!

If you have a spare moment, check out my "Writer's Space" blog at http://gone2starbucks.blogspot.com. Just some random thoughts here and there - I hope you enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home